Make a Difference
Volunteering is a rewarding way to give back to your community and help save precious lives. While our staff works very hard, they can't do it all. Here are just a few of the ways that you can help out at our shelter:
- Exercise our dogs. It's tough for them being stuck in kennels most of the day! Our cats also really appreciate attention; they just can't go for walks like the pups can.
- Help socialize both our cats and dogs. Many animals come into the shelter nervous and afraid, but they can quickly come out of their shell with the help of patient staff and volunteers.
- Help out at special events like our yard sale, our annual Bark & Wine fundraiser, and holiday activities throughout the year.
- Assist with off-site adoption events at Petsmart and Petsense.
- Teach our pups good manners and basic commands. Even something as simple as giving them treats for sitting quietly in their kennel makes a huge difference!
- Take photos and videos and/or write updates about our adoptable animals, which can later be used on our website and social media accounts.
- Write articles for our newsletter.
- Help us fundraise and solicit donations.
- Assist at vaccine and spay/neuter clinics.
Interested? Fill out our volunteer application on the right side of this page and get started. We can't wait to have you join our volunteer family!